Sunday, February 9, 2014

Shades of Teal

 
 
It's time for a new linky party to open at Make It Monday!
We're excited to have Scrapper's Delight back as our sponsor this week.  
They offer a nice selection of digital images and I'm using Winter Elf on my card.  

 
I colored her in shades of teal with Copic markers and fussy cut her then set her aside.
To create my card I used a teal cs base, added a text dp by Tim Holtz, and cut two diagonal pieces from a Kaisercraft dp. I distressed all of the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and used water to soften some of the edges so I could tear the paper and give it a torn, distressed look. Next I stamped the lamp post and scroll (upper right corner) with Vintage Photo then distressed the blossoms and image. Some vintage trim was added to soften the divide of the diagonal papers and two wood butterflies were distressed, glued together and topped with a resin rose. Turquoise gemstones were added to the scroll and Lagoon Stickles add a touch of bling to the diamond on the elf's hat and dress. I wanted to create some depth on the cream diagonal panel and did so by using a cosmic scroll stencil and vintage photo. I wrapped my card by using rub-on's (leaves, postage stamp and doilies) to give it a vintage feel. I'm not normally a teal kind of gal but I think I've changed my mind about this color. :)
 
 
SPONSOR
 
Prize is winner's choice of 3 free images!
 
 
For more inspiration please visit the blogs of my teamies and check out their creations.
 
 
My PICK OF THE WEEK is...
 
 
This is the cover of Linda's beautiful mini-album and it's filled with stunning pages that's a must see. Click her link to view it for yourself.
Thanks Linda for sharing your talent with us at Make It Monday!
 
 
 
That's all for me today, hope each of you have a wonderful week and for those celebrating a very Happy Valentine's Day!
 
Hugs,
Lisa xx

15 comments:

Peanut said...

How cute is this card, Lisa! And I love the vintage vibe and fab colour combo. Fantastic!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Lisa...your little Elf..she looks beautiful in the vintage colours..love the papers and details..and love Lindas gorgeous mini album...have a great week.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE you color combo, Lisa, with that elf image! The lamp post and scroll in the light brown with that Pretty flower add FAB detail!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your fabulous card, Lisa. Your coloring on the image is great! :)

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous card Lisa. Fabulous colour choice and such a darling image!! xx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Gorgeous card Lisa! I love all the distressed layers and the beautiful colouring! xx

2amscrapper said...

Here from MIM. I too love teal and brown. Gorgeous make!

Pia S said...

Fabulous card with fantastic detailing! Love the colors and the distressed look of this card!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Gorgeous!!! Teal is my fave color -- & you have rocked all of those shades !!! :))
Love the layout !! That's one of my fave ways to feature 2 pieces of DP!! Well done & your potw is gorgeous ! :))
Happy Monday to you !! Xo

Rocio De Alba said...

Wow Lisa! This is a marvelous card! I love your coloring, your embellishments is a total dazzle card! And your POTW is terrific!

xoxo
Rocio

Shirley-Anne said...

Love the Autumn hues in the beautiful papers and the flowers . Lisa , this is a stunner . Love all the tearing and distressing .
Must check out your POTW , looks fabulous .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Pumpy said...

Love the little Elf, so many interesting elements, Thanks for visiting my blog.
I saw you card on MIM and came over to have a good look. Lovies Pumpy.

lalkygirl said...

wow gorgeous card Lisa ,love the vintage feel you have given it with those wonderful papers and embellies
tracey x

Words and Pictures said...

Well, you just know I love this one... perfect colours for me, and it's so beautifully shabbied up (down?)... Gorgeous distressing for a great card - and a lovely POTW too.
Alison xx

Sandy said...

Sorry I'm late popping in! This one is beautiful, love all the distressing and the sweet image!
Great POTW too.
Hugs,
Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...