Wednesday, May 21, 2014

There's No Time Like the Present


to join along with Tim Holtz's 12 tags of 2014!


I have always wanted to participate and once again the year started off a bit rocky and I just couldn't swing it. The type A side of my personality said just wait til next year and join along but I'm glad I told that side to shut up lol. I may be joining in the 5th month but that's okay and at least I'll be in the swing of things when January rolls around next year. :) For my own personal happiness I am making tags for January-April and at the end of this post I'll share January and February with March and April making a debut with next month's tag. You can check out Tim's awesome and very detailed tutorial HERE and also link up your own tag. There's still time to join along in May if you'd like to. 

I placed some of my personal favorites on this tag and used a Shadow Press-good life on my tag because that's my goal, to live a good life, which is why the arrow points there. I also enjoy traveling, the written word, playing games, cogs/gears because I'm married to an engineer and most days I like him lol ;) and last but not least a bee because I love winged things (butterflies, dragonflies, bees, and birds to name a few).   




I love Tim's papers and some of my favorites made it on this tag. I distressed the edges with walnut stain distress ink and I find myself using it more after completing Tim's online class Chemistry 101. I tend to default to black soot because I love how black pops but I have to say I am liking this look too. Thanks Tim!

I'm entering this tag in the following challenges:
(scraps of paper, jute string, raffia, manila folder which I made my tag from)
PDE Linky Party-Bugs (I have a bee on my tag)



January and February-12 tags of 2014 

January

You can click the badge on my left sidebar to go to the archives to see what the theme/focus is for each month. The three words on my weathered clock are what I hope to accomplish this year. It was interesting because I did not have foil tape when I made this tag so I had to improvise. After searching my craft room I found foil sheets and used Tim's weathered clock die to cut my shape, I embossed the center with an Alterations cogs/gears embossing folder and used stream alcohol ink as it was the only thing that would stick to the foil. Now, I have foil tape as it makes life a little easier and I can use my beloved distress inks. I used another favorite of mine on the background-Tim's new clockworks layering stencil. I stamped my sentiment and added some remnant rub ons, Idea-ology metal trinkets, a ticket and jute string and teal raffia (from my stash) completes it. 

I'm entering this tag in the following challenges:
(I used three elements-metal, paper, rub ons)

This tag was a blast to make for two reasons-first, I love the technique Tim shared and it makes for a fabulous background and second, I am a big Alice fan (in case you haven't noticed) and I finally found a happy place for my rabbit charm. The stamp is by My Favorite Things and I love it too!

I'm entering this tag in the following challenges:


The next order of business for me is to create a grunge board book to hold all of my tags. I'll probably share it sometime next month.  

Thanks for looking today and a big welcome to my new followers and Facebook friends. :)
Have an awesome day!!!
Lisa xx


26 comments:

Sharon said...

Great tag! Love the papers. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Bug's' Linky Party at PDE!!!! :)

Janis Lewis said...

Awesome!Thank you for Linking Up at PDE Linky Party.
We have a new blog address!
http://pdelinkyparty.blogspot.com/
~Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

Pia S said...

I haven't made many tags myself, I find it hard to decorate such a small space and make it look interesting. You certainly succeeded with that with this tag!

1CardCreator said...

Fabulous pieces all of them, I love that bee! ~Diane

Karen McAlpine said...

Fab tag!!! That sentiment is so cute! Thank you for sharing your project and joining us at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog.

Julia Aston said...

How nice to have a personal story for your tag design - love your layout and all the fun adornments on it - I just started Tim's Tags with May myself - and am going back to do the others just to learn the techniques! Otherwise all this stuff just sits in my craft room!

Claudia N. said...

Love your interpretation of Tim's May tag!
Thank you for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!

Claudia x

Crafty Humphreys said...

Love the clock tag and the colours you've used! Thanks so much for joining us at the Artistic Inspirations Challenge. Suz xxx

Terry said...

Lisa, your take on Tim's May tag is fabulous! I just love the vintage and soft colors and all the elements! Enjoy the weekend.

Elena V. said...

fantastic!! I love them!

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Lisa
Great tag .Awesome vintage feel and I love the embellishing .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Shuly said...

excellent tag!! i loove this sentiment" it's a good day to have a good day" extra! love the charms you added and the warm colors!
thanks for sharing at love to scrap! challenge blog!
shuly dt

Margaret said...

Yay you for not waiting around for a new year!! I love the inspiring theme that is weaving its way into your tags.
So glad you added the gears and cogs for DH since you usually like him! hee!hee! I love the frame around the bee!
The foil clock on the second one is amazing!! Need to play around with that stuff!!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Lisa, you are the queen of tags. They are all so beautifully designed and each one of them has a lovely vintage tinge to them.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Mirella said...

Lovely tags, I am absolutely useless at these, so I admire them even more :-) Thanks for sharing and joining us at Divas by Design this week. Hugs, Mirella

Lisa Minckler said...

OMG...they are gorgeous L1!! I about jumped out of my recliner and fell on the floor when I saw your rabbit charm...SO stinking CUTE. Your tags are sensational and I just love that you told yourself to shut up...LOL!
You know how much I appreciate you and most recently for the latest arrival at my door and I cannot wait to be able to create like you are. I'm truly inspired what you've shown me!!
Biggest of hugs to you my friend,
L2

Sue Lelli said...

I apologize! I thought I had told you how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE these tags but I don't see my comment! Thy all have so many FAB details but that turquoise clock really stands out to me! You are quite the mixed media expert!

Micki said...

OMG, awesome tags. Love all the stenciling and the way you incorporated so many embellishments. I really, really love that 2nd tag. Just love that pop of color! Thanks so much for playing along with us in our May ePlay Challenge.

Mona Pendleton said...

Amazing collection of tags Lisa! Love all the layers and detail on every one of them!

Shirley said...

Love all of your tags and creations. You have a terrific sense of space and color!

Laurart said...

This is such a beautiful tag! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner! Love from Laura xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - three absolutely stunning tags, Lisa! Definitely better late than never on joining in - how lovely that you're playing too!

I adore the May one - with a gorgeous honey glow, perfect to showcase that glorious bee embellishment - brilliant. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Our Creative Corner.

And the earlier tags are really fabulous too - I love the colours on the clock one (but you knew that!), and you've captured a fantastic air-brushed look on those vivid hearts in the chalkboard one.

Altogether a fantastic post!
Alison xx

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... All you tags are gorgeous, Lisa. Love all the beautiful colors and textures you created. :)

Debbie Adams said...

Just Fabulous tags. I like them all and the techniques you used with all the embellishments make them so unique. Good Luck!!
Thanks for joining us at All Crafts Challenge.
Deborah ACC DT

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tags ! Love all three of them ! Thanks for joining us at eclectic Paperie. Sue C x

Gitte said...

Awesome tags.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...