Monday, December 15, 2014

O Christmas Tree!



17.Header


Hi everyone! Can you believe I'm linking my project up early lol. I'm having my gallbladder taken out on Wednesday and did not want to let this challenge pass me up so I kicked it into high gear. I love Tim's process for altering his woodland trees and the tinsel as well. You can check it out on pg. 60 of his CC3 book and if you are looking for a last minute gift click here to get an autographed copy from Tim.

I rummaged around in my alterables stash and came up with some items to use for my project. 
The box is an old Christmas card box and it made a great base, the Brie cheese container serves as a platform for my two trees and JOY letterpress letters and the picture frame was a thrift store find some time ago. Each was given a coat of Gesso then I added white felt to the card box base and sprinkled distress glitter over it. A Graphic 45's 12 Days of Christmas border decorates the edges.
The Brie cheese box was covered with Tim's tissue wrap, given a dusting of spun sugar distress glitter and the edge was wrapped in ribbon. The picture frame was  painted with a silver metallic Adirondack Paint Dabber.

The silver tinsel was altered using Tim's technique and I added vintage Victorian tissue wrap to each of the frames. I altered plastic beads to add to my woodlands trees and a mirrored star adorns the top of each one.

I love Tim's letterpress letters and was so happy to receive a pack in the prize package I won for my Faded Layers Tag. They're great like they are or you can alter them to fit in with your color scheme with a dab of paint. This was a super fun project to make!


The Inspiration Emporium is sponsoring this challenge and offering a 

iegc50

to one lucky winner. 


That's all for me today, my family and I would appreciate your prayers for a speedy recovery from my surgery. Thanks so much!

Lisa 
xx

17 comments:

Candy C said...

Lisa...this is so creative! I love how you've repurposed old boxes to create such a lovely little vintage scene. It's warm and cheery and very inviting! I love your colorful Christmas trees with the sweet little "ornaments". The "JOY" letter press letters are adorable. Your screen in the background with the vintage images is the perfect backdrop...especially with the silver tinsel twine draped from one corner to the other. Fabulous job! Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Chrissy said...

All the very best with your operation Lisa..and you WILL be fine.Fantastic project..the trees are just gorgeous.A beautiful Christmas decoration and I love the vintage photos in the frame..superb.Take care.

luv CHRISSYxx

Regina Easter said...

oh my how adorable....what a sweet project

Tracy said...

I'm lovin' the pink! I keep looking at those bottle brush trees at Michaels but haven't a clue what to do with them. You had no trouble. :-) Fantastic mix of elements Lisa. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I love the color scheme and the tinsel adds just the right festive touch. Nice work!

One of my co-workers had her gallbladder out about three years ago and she feels so much better since it was done. They do it with minimal invasion and scarring now; you'll be in good hands!

Lisa Minckler said...

Now that is just FUN!!!!!! I loved the before and after photographs. You did a fabulous job L1. Still wishing you all the best and thinking of you all the time.
Big hugs,
L2

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Lisa! Love your beautiful trees and the gorgeous scene! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing your holiday spirit!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Puuure gorgeousness Lisa! I love your 'alterables' and your colour palette is fab! hugs xxx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE the alteration and pink trees! Thanks so much for playing along with us on the Woodlands and Tinsel Twine challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

Lisa Minckler said...

Thinking of you!!!
Big hugs :)

Marjie Kemper said...

What a great scene, Lisa. The cheese box is a perfect stand and your trees are so snazzy. Thanks for joining us at CC3C!

Pia S said...

Wow! To me this is such a great example of turning trash into treasure. What a fabulous decorative piece and I love how the trees turned out in non traditional colors!

Susan said...

Love this project, Lisa! It is so creative! I love the colors of the trees along with the rest of the project. What a clever re-purposing of every day products! Thanks for playing along with us!

Clareene said...

Oh my! Perfect. An orange Christmas...Love it. Great job!

Annette Green said...

Oh my goodness, what a fantastic transformation of those goods in your stash. I adore this 3D scene! So beautiful! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Words and Pictures said...

Hope you're all recovered from your op, Lisa and enjoying a wonderful 12 Days with friends and family. I love your festive creation - adorable, and brilliant warm peachy colour tones for a perfect vintage look. Just lovely.
Alison xx
P.S. I think my Jacquie Lawson e-card didn't get through... if it's sitting in your Spam folder I promise it's safe to open xx

Kim said...

Congratulations on your win at CC3C. Your Woodlands scene was beautiful and an ingenious re-use of products...what a transformation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...