Saturday, December 6, 2014

What's Shaking???

Mitten Shaker Card

There's nothing more fun than making a shaker card and today I have two to share with you. I have to confess that I've never made a shaker card before and have no idea why it has taken me so long to do so. These are FUN! 


I used the Christmas Shape Shaker Cards cutting file and in no time I created the Mitten and Snowglobe Shaker Cards for two special peeps on my holiday card list. There are 8 assorted Christmas shape cutting files offered in this one file. :) That's right, 8!!!

Snowglobe Shaker Card

Sequins were added to both of my shaker cards and for this one I decided to stamp the background and create a magical scene. To me, there's nothing more magical than seeing Santa and his reindeer flying high in the sky on Christmas Eve. ;)


I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut these files but if you do not own an electronic cutting machine, that's ok. Regina always offers a PDF file which you can print and cut yourself. 
You will need foam tape and acetate to create these and the rest is up to your imagination. I hope you have fun playing with shaker cards. 

Before I go, I have one more card to share today that is not related to our DT post. I was going through my folder and happened upon the House Shaped Card and Envelope Template and thought how cute it would be to send this as a Christmas card. The peppermint dp and Crystal Stickles add some holiday flair and I stamped a "From Our House to Yours" sentiment on the inside. I love the idea of using something in a different way!


Regina offers inserts for the windows which I didn't use because I couldn't find them on my messy desk so I drew curtains with a marker and colored my windows with Copic markers.



The Cutting Cafe


You can view more holiday cutting files/template/printable stamps at The Cutting Cafe  and to see more holiday inspired shaker cards be sure to check out TCC's blog tomorrow because the DT post is all about them. Also, If you'd like to be eligible to win 3 FREE sets from TCC leave a comment on the DT post and Regina will announce the winner on the 21st. 

Happy Creating!!!
Lisa xx

14 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What wonderful Christmas shaker cards Lisa! and your little house is so pretty in your fun papers and snowy roof!

Tracy said...

Wonderful cards Lisa. I haven't made a shaker card yet, but I've got all the goodies together to tackle it. :-) Hugs!

Regina Easter said...

lisa lisa lisa...these three cards are the cutest ever...i can't choose a favorite..love love them

Unknown said...

Won wonderful cards! Love the 'globe' shaped card. Hugs, xx

Lisa Minckler said...

L1, these are ADORABLE!!! Your mitten is precious but seeing your globe...WOWEEE! You nailed that magical wintry wonderland scene so perfectly. That is a fabulous looking card and great idea for the house too!
Big hugs to you from your pal,
L2
:D

Renee B. said...

Your cards are adorable Lisa! I made my first shaker card this year too. Mine was a window die with a little cabin scene behind it & "snow" for the shaker part. Fun!
Hugs, Renee

LauraEva said...

Great cards! I am really new to shaker, but enjoy 'shaking' them for fun! they are great! Thanks for inspiring me!

Tina Goodwin said...

They are fun, aren't the?!?! And your first ones turned out FABULOUS! I love your little sleigh in the background. Super cute.

Peanut said...

oh my word, lisa!!! you've taken shaker cards to the next level!!! these are awesome!
hugs, Asha

Angeline Choo said...

Oh wow. You've been busy ! Everything looks just so awesome

Pia S said...

These cards look fabulous, Lisa! I would never have guessed this was your first time making shaker cardsm they look like they've been made by an expert, but your one skilled lady:) when I make shakercards I get hooked on it and make more.
Brilliant shapes, both of them!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute cards Lisa! Love the various shakers! Happy Holidays!

Words and Pictures said...

Your shaker cards are fabulous, Lisa - I love the mitten - too cute! What a lovely trio of cards. Off to see what else I've missed...
Alison xx

Desire Fourie said...

Lisa these are so fun and I adore the little shaker box accents. Also love how you photographed them against the cute sleigh.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...