Thursday, January 15, 2015

Keep Calm, No Matter What

Shadowbox




Hi all! I've been a bit scarce here lately but I'm back to share my entry for CC3's 19th challenge. 

19.Header


I have a confession, I wanted to throw the towel in and give up on this one. Why? Two words-sewing machine. I had to keep telling myself to "keep calm, no matter what" and just get it done. Sewing is not my thing and never will be lol. But for Tim Holtz I now have made an exception, twice. ;) If you'd like to challenge yourself with Tim's techniques in his third Compendium of Curiosities book click here to get your autographed copy.


Here are a few close ups...

I created two shadowboxes for my DH filled with mementos of his beloved uncle and aunt.  

This photo is his uncle and younger brother shortly after their arrival in America.


This is the second shadowbox and includes photos of them throughout their marriage. They traveled to Italy several times to visit family in Pisa, Italy. 

Memories throughout the years...


You can't read what's on the Idea-ology heart charm but it says "life journey." They definitely enjoyed a wonderful life journey together.  


For my frayed fabric pieces I used Tim's eclectic elements 6x6 fabric pack-Melange- and his handy dandy craft scratcher wire brush tool. Idea-ology metal products as well as Tim's paperie were used to create my shadowboxes. 


iegc50
The Inspiration Emporium is sponsoring this challenge and offering the lucky winner a wonderful prize. 



That's all for me today, thanks for dropping by. 
Have a wonderful weekend!
Lisa xx


10 comments:

Yvonne said...

Okay first of all I commend you for giving this a try even though sewing is not your thing! Not mine either! AND what you created is GORGEOUS! Fabulous! Love the little dangle hanging from your Frayed Fabric piece! Great job! THanks for playing along with us...this is amazing!!!!

Candy C said...

Lisa...BRAVO on your challenge piece. I love when people create from the heart, using family photos and mementos. This shadow box for your husband is awesome. He will love it! The added frayed fabric AND SEWN (way to go!) piece looks super! It lends a sense of "homespun" and softness to your piece. Thanks for sharing with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful collage! Love your shadow box!

Meihsia Liu said...

I love your creation, Lisa. And I think your sewing on this project is great. :)

Hels Sheridan said...

Wow what a masterpiece, I love all the little elements and details that make this just so special... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge x

Pia S said...

Love how you've used what to seem like real vintage items with new vintage looking ones. Very nice use of images and bits and bobs so much better than to keep them hidden in a box or drawer...

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So glad you didn't give up!!! Love the little sewn piece and what a wonderful shadow box of memoirs!!! Thanks so much for sewing along with us at CC3!!!

Regina Easter said...

what a lovely collage.....love all the different elements...hugs

Peanut said...

I still haven't picked my jaw off the floor! This is sooooo amazing, Lisa. You've packed in so much! Not to mention the memories you've managed to preserve and the love poured into making these pages. The sewing machine's no match for you! AWESOME!
hugs, Asha

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

OMW. These shadow boxes are gorgeous and packed with love and family memories. What a thoughtful thing to do for your fella. I would be delighted to display them in my home, too! ♥ xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...