Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Keep It Simple



I'm back to share my DT card for the first challenge of 2015 at Top Tip Tuesday. Samantha's our hostess and she'd like to see simple cards this time. I love the fact that this type of card is mail friendly but honestly I struggle with them. Fortunately an idea popped in my head when I remembered what Tim Holtz did with this very stamp from French Flight. 

TipUse several inks to create a watercolor effect on your stamped image. 

Quick personal note here-I've been taking some time off to recover from surgery and it just happened to come off during the busiest time of the year. Before I let time slip away I just wanted to say how much I'll miss seeing Bettina's lovely creations at TTT. She has always inspired me and you can't imagine how excited I was to receive a Christmas card from her this year. I'll miss you Bettina and wish you the best of luck in your crafty endeavors. I'd be remiss if I did not thank my other teamies as well for the beautiful Christmas cards they sent me. I plan to put each one on my inspiration board so I can enjoy them all year long. Thanks so much for making my holidays brighter ladies!



SPONSOR

Prize is a $10.00 gift certificate to The Sweet Stamps store.



We are looking forward to seeing your clean and simple (CAS) style cards.  
Good luck everyone and I hope 2015 will be your best year ever!
Lisa xx

4 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

Lovely colour tones and a beautiful sentiment. I hope you are recovering well. Elaine

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous technique and perfect CAS card. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Lorraine

Tracy said...

LOL It's a bit strange to see such a simple design from you, but I love how you put your own twist on it with the multi-colored inking. Fantastic job Lisa! Hugs!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a beautiful and classy creation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...